[patch] allow testing VIMAGE with pf in base system only

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Sep 7 20:45:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hey,

> in a way to work on something I needed to be able to at least load pf
> on my VIMAGE development machine.  So I quickly hacked together a
> patch that does exactly that.  I hope it'll apply to HEAD or stable/8
> but I didn't test on either.
>
> This will NOT allow you to use pf with jails+vnet but should allow
> using pf in the base system even if VIMAGE is enabled.  In case it
> still panics for you, let me know and include a backtrace in your
> report.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20100907-01-pf-vnet0.diff

even though the patch seems to apply cleanly to a stable/8 tree,
here's the one from SVN on that rather than perfoce/HEAD:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20100907-02-pf-vnet0-8.diff

It survives a GENERIC, LINT and LINT-VIMAGE build on RELENG_8 at
least.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                              Welcome a new stage of life.