ppp in vimages?

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass9573 at gmx.com
Fri Dec 4 15:40:13 UTC 2009

Julian Elischer wrote:

> possibly. but try running 'ngctl list' in the jail to list all the nodes
> it can see there.
>
> as well as ifconfig
>
> there might be an order dependency:
> try this:
> reboot with no netgraph nodes loaded.
> make the jail
> move vr0 to teh jail using ifconfig
> kldload ng_ether
> kldload ng_pppoe
> (in the jail) run ngctl list
> (in the jail) run ifconfig
>
> and see if the result is different
>
> if so then the trick would be to have the interfsce alreday in
> the right jail when the ng_ether nodes are created.
>
> if you do it the other way around it is possible that moving
> theinterfaces to a new jail doesn't move the netgraph nodes
> associated, leaving them behind in the old jail.

Sorry for the chipping in,

What you describe Julian, works as expected. The problem is
that this can work in a static setup, where one builds the physical
topology and kldloads the ng_ether module. I am very interested
in doing network simulations using vimage/vnet, thus want to
be able to create and destroy topologies as wanted. Can I
somehow overcome this?

Thanks, Nikos