vimage(8) cleanup, what about submitting and to where?

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Sat Jul 12 20:27:50 UTC 2008

Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am not sure about the plans for vimage(8) but it lives in usr.sbin
> and installs itself into /sbin. the .include is not last in the
> Makefile, etc.
>
> In case this will go in with any of the steps could you please fix it
> in at least //depot/projects/vimage/...
>
> I got a kernel compiled and booted today from that branch.
>
> Last I heard was that I should wait with any cleanup/corrections/style
> patches. Has that changed? What is the current state and what can I
> do if I'd like to have changes? I am asking because someone has to
> keep the 4(or more?) branches in synch that you have already created.
>
> /bz

Sorry, I have been busy with the birth of my son as you may have
guessed, and Marko has been inundated by $WORK for a while.

Marko has been committing a lot of style fixes to the p4 branch
"vimage" and I have been integrating those changes across to
the 'vimage-devel" branch.

if you have p4 acccess you should feel free to commit any "obvious"
fixes yourself and just post a summary to this mailing list.
bigger changes we can discuss here.
  For example the changes suggested by James Gritton..