PERFORCE change 154309 for review (etc.)

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Tue Dec 9 12:17:33 PST 2008

Marko,

I'm following along using p4 and the diff script. It looks good..

If it all seems to be working we should commit what you have
and then we should get Kris and Robert to try some of their
benchmarks.. to confirm the numbers you saw earlier.

Kris, the change that is upcoming for the next vimage commit
gathers the various networking globals in the system and
aggregates them together into several functional structures.

e.g. one for inet related vars and another for interface and basic
networking infrastructure related vars.

The thing we would like "independent" corroboration of is that
the change to having these gathered together, and initialized by
an explicit initialization routing does not give any significant
performance difference for a representative set of networking
tests.

Kris and Robert, what tests would you suggest and is there a chance
that we can get some "independent" testing done on this?