access usb device from bhyve vm

blubee blubeeme gurenchan at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 08:34:58 UTC 2018

On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 6:02 AM Torfinn Ingolfsen <
torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 10:47:30 -0600
> "John Hein" <jh-fbml at snkmail.com> wrote:
>

> > My use case is more specific (and thus perhaps less of a lofty goal?).
> > I want to access a usb-based fpga jtag programmer from a linux vm
> > (specifically using a xilinx tool like "impact").
>
> FWIW, (and unless you are looking for the full "iMPACT" experience) I have
> successfully programmed both Altera (now Intel) and Xilinx fpga's using
> OpenOCD and 'jtag' (from UrJTAG) - both tools run native on FreeBSD.
> xcs3prog alson run native on FreeBSD, but I haven't found a "cable" (aka
> JTAG adapter) that works with it yet.
>
> My notes:
> https://sites.google.com/site/tingox/fpga_openocd
> https://sites.google.com/site/tingox/fpga_urjtag
> https://sites.google.com/site/tingox/fpga_xc3sprog
> --
> Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen at getmail.no>

Thanks for your notes, they are very helpful.

I wonder are there any other people on this list using jtag adapters who
would be willing to share a list of devices.

I am looking to purchase one and it would be great to have a list of known
devices so that not only me but others can have a list of devices known to
work on FreeBSD.

Anyone out there w/ jtag adapters care to chime in about their devices?

Best,
Owen