ULPT error: ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

Hans Petter Selasky hps at bitfrost.no
Mon Oct 28 06:57:11 UTC 2013

On 10/27/13 22:28, Aurélien Croc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In order to use my printer I just bought an USB to parallel connector. Whereas it works perfectly under Linux I am not able to print under FreeBSD.
> When I plug the USB connecter to my computer and set the ulpt debug level to 15, I can read:
>
> ugen2.4: <Prlific Technology Inc.> at usbus2
> ulpt_probe:
> ulpt_probe:
> ulpt_attach: sc=0xfffffe0007f4fe00
> ulpt0: <Prlific Technology Inc. IEEE-1284 Controller, class 0/0, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 4> on usbus2
> ulpt_attach: setting alternate config number: 1
> ulpt0: using bi-directional mode
> ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

Hi,

Is this some kind of cheap clone, hence Prolofic is spelled wrong?

You can try using "usbdump -i usbusX -f Y -s 65536" to figure out all
the USB activity.

Else there are two printer port devices:

/dev/ulptX

and

/dev/unlptX

Did you try both?

Can you show a USB dump while opening these devices. What host
controller is this device connected through?

--HPS