ULPT error: ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

Aurélien Croc aurelien at ap2c.org
Sun Oct 27 21:38:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

In order to use my printer I just bought an USB to parallel connector. Whereas it works perfectly under Linux I am not able to print under FreeBSD.
When I plug the USB connecter to my computer and set the ulpt debug level to 15, I can read:

ugen2.4: <Prlific Technology Inc.> at usbus2
ulpt_probe:
ulpt_probe:
ulpt_attach: sc=0xfffffe0007f4fe00
ulpt0: <Prlific Technology Inc. IEEE-1284 Controller, class 0/0, rev 1.00/2.00, addr 4> on usbus2
ulpt_attach: setting alternate config number: 1
ulpt0: using bi-directional mode
ulpt_status_callback: error=USB_ERR_STALLED

The last message repeats indefinitely while the connecter is plugged in.

When I try to read or write the /dev/ulpt0 it hangs..

About the usb to parallel cable it is an USB1 device:
ugen2.4: <IEEE-1284 Controller Prlific Technology Inc.> at usbus2, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=FULL (12Mbps) pwr=ON (100mA)

My FreeBSD version is 9.2:
FreeBSD paris 9.2-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE #0 r255898: Thu Sep 26 22:50:31 UTC 2013     root at bake.isc.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

I found that in 2009 someone got the same problem and a patch was proposed but its URL is no more available:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2009-March/006531.html

Please can you help me?
Thank you in advance.
Regards,