need help with eGalax USB touch screen, will pay

Brock Williams brock at cottonwoodcomputer.com
Thu Oct 24 18:06:46 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 11:49 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit busy nowadays. However, do you have the documentation for
> the protocol this device uses? Will you provide a hardware unit to the
> developer?
>
> It might be that /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd will pick this device
> up like a linux event device under "/dev". Only that the X-org part is
> missing for that. I've added quite some touchscreen drivers to webcamd.
>
> --HPS

Thank you for the pointer, I had no idea webcamd supported things
other than webcams.  It does appear to work out of the box... When I
attach it to the correct ugen device it creates /dev/input/event0
which does output something when the screen is touched.

Do you have any info on hooking Xorg up to the /dev/input/event0?  I
believe this would be xf86-input-evdev on the Linux side but I can't
seem to find anything to use it in FreeBSD...

Brock

Brock Williams  brock at cottonwoodcomputer.com
Cottonwood Computer Solutions, Inc.
www.cottonwoodcomputer.com      406-896-4910