need help with eGalax USB touch screen, will pay

Hans Petter Selasky hps at bitfrost.no
Thu Oct 24 05:48:54 UTC 2013

On 10/23/13 00:13, Brock Williams wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have some eGalax based touchscreens that we are trying to get
> working with FreeBSD 9.2, eventually in Xorg.  They are PioneerPOS
> TOM-M7 screens.
>
> They appear to be the newer eGalax models that are at least somewhat
> HID compliant.
>
> I'm looking for someone who will help us out on a contract or
> consulting basis to get them to work, and document it for others.   We
> currently use EloTouch serial units that work fine but they are no
> longer readily available...

Hi,

I'm a bit busy nowadays. However, do you have the documentation for the
protocol this device uses? Will you provide a hardware unit to the
developer?

It might be that /usr/ports/multimedia/webcamd will pick this device up
like a linux event device under "/dev". Only that the X-org part is
missing for that. I've added quite some touchscreen drivers to webcamd.