Identifying serial ports

Trevor Blackwell tlb at anybots.com
Wed Nov 25 01:56:11 UTC 2009

I have two USB devices that work as serial ports:

ugen2.2.0: umodem0: <Hokuyo Data Flex for USB URG-Series USB Driver,
class 2/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2>
ugen2.3.0: uplcom0: <Prolific Technology Inc. USB-Serial Controller,
class 0/0, rev 1.10/3.00, addr 3>

and they appear as serial devices /dev/cuaU0 and /dev/cuaU1. But I
can't find a general-purpose way to figure out which is which. It
depends on which gets enumerated first. In FreeBSD 7, the USB device
minor # seemed to correspond to the cuaU device number, but here they
are both zero. Any ideas?

--
Trevor Blackwell        tlb at anybots.com        650 776 7870