How do I use my USB headset?

Fri Oct 12 00:02:18 PDT 2007

Quoting Ariff Abdullah <ariff at FreeBSD.org> (from Fri, 12 Oct 2007
02:38:47 +0800):

>> /dev/dsp1: Device or resource busy is the response I get from Skype,
>> and  oddly enough the only device I can choose from now is /dev/dsp1
>> so maybe  the port maintainger managed to patch Skype to look in the
>> right place  after all. Still no response from either program
>> though, the microphone  is not working. :(
>>

> Are you really sure the microphone is working in the first place?
>
> Full duplex capabilities are largely improved with FreeBSD 7.x and
> beyond, or you might want to try these binary modules for 6.x:

We have full duplex support now in uaudio? I thought it is still
disabled by intend (because of problems with some usb chipsets). If it
is still disabled... any ideas how to autodetect the problem and fall
back to simplex instead of hardcoding it for all chips?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
Another megabytes the dust.