uhidev(4) update - USB HID driver level for devices with multiple report ids

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Sat Jul 21 09:55:39 UTC 2007

В сб, 21/07/2007 в 01:55 +0100, Mark Hobden пишет:

> Thanks for helping me track this down, I had managed to leave
> out that that ums, ukbd & uhid depend on usb as well as uhidev
> (this was previously in a macro). This upset trying to kldload the
> modules.
>
> I have uploaded a new patch over the old one. People only need
> this update though if they do not have 'device usb' in their kernel
> config file.
>
> http://www.terinea.co.uk/~mark/patches/uhidev-7-current-p2.diff

Hm, a bit better, but ...

If I boot with connect mice and disconnected keyboard - everything goes
right.
I can connect keyboard after boot and it works, mice works also.

But If I've boot with connected USB keyboard - system panics:

Stopped ar  usbd_clear_endpoint_stall_async+0xb: movl 0x3(%ebx), %esi

db> tr
ehci_waitintr
ehci_device_intr_start
ehci_device_intr_transfer
usbd_start_transfer
bus_dmap_load
usbd_transfer
usbd_open_pipe_intr
uhidev_open
ukbd_enable_intr
ukbd_init
ukbd_attach
device_attach
uhidev_attach
device_attach
usb_new_device
uhub_explore
uhub_explore
usb_attach
ehci_pci_attach
device_attach
bus_generic_attach

Sorry, manually retyped back-trace

db> panic
just refuses to write dump.

Side question - what is "right" way to setup dump device for kernel
boot ?
http://freebsd-man.page2go2.com/man8/loader_8.html
loader's dumpdev - looks not working.

--