umass/cam headaches

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Fri Jul 6 22:47:45 UTC 2007

In message: <20070706164202.GA1426 at roadrunner.q.local>
            Ulrich Spoerlein <uspoerlein at gmail.com> writes:
: Are there good OpenBSD or NetBSD Live CDs out there? I already confirmed
: that the drive is working fine under Windows and Linux, so testing under
: other BSDs would be the next step.

Chances are good that it needs some kind of quirk to make it work
right.  There's

	{ USB_VENDOR_PLEXTOR, USB_PRODUCT_PLEXTOR_40_12_40U, RID_WILDCARD,
	  UMASS_PROTO_SCSI | UMASS_PROTO_BBB,
	  NO_TEST_UNIT_READY
	},

in there now.  Change USB_PRODUCT... to PID_WILDCARD and rebuild and
try again.

It has been a while since I've looked at linux sources in this area,
so if you could point me at their quirk table, I might be able to help
you out more.

Warner