Low umass performance with USB 2.0 ports

Eygene A. Ryabinkin freebsd at rea.mbslab.kiae.ru
Thu Sep 1 09:37:35 GMT 2005

> If Scott's patch doesn't work, could you have tried to install the following
> (compiles on FreeBSD 5/6/7):
 Yes, it also works and does even better work: FAT 32 and FAT 16 permormance
are just the same and there is no additional load as been with the Scott's
patch.
 So I definitely would vote for this fix.

> Download the three files below into a new directory and type
> "make install"  (to uninstall type "make deinstall")
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/Makefile
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.diff.bz2
> http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/usb/new_usb_1_5_4.tar.bz2
 Can this fix be transformed into the patch? It will be very helpful to the
committers to have in the form of patch. Are there any reasons to make it in
the way you did?
 Thank you for your work!
--
 rea