introduction of new subscriber Hans Drexler

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Wed Nov 25 01:51:45 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 04:36:28PM +0100, Hans Drexler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Hans Drexler. I joined the translators list today.
> I live in the Netherlands and I have used every FreeBSD version since version 2.1.
> My knowledge of BSD is broad, but shallow. Still, I would like to contribute a tiny bit
> by translating documentation into my native language, Dutch.
> I don't know if a Dutch language team exists. If not, maybe we can start one.
>
> If I can be of any help, please let me know.
>
> kind regards,
>
> Hans Drexler

Hi Hans.

Welcome and thanks for your interest.

CCing remko@ and rene@, maintainers for Dutch translations.

FreeBSD has a Dutch translation team [1], there are some documents
translated and they need to be updated, maybe not all of them, at least
the Handbook, last commit was three years ago.

Current documents [2]:
  articles/
    - contributing
    - explaining-bsd (nl_NL.po)
    - leap-seconds  (nl_NL.po)
    - problem-reports
    - solid-state (nl_NL.po)
  books/
    - fdp-primer  (nl_NL.po)
    - handbook    (nl_NL.po)

The good news is that some documents have PO Gettext files, so you can
upload the current translations to Weblate, then update them.

I created the nl_NL team on Weblate and added your username to it.

I would suggest you to start with small documents, like bsdl-gpl,
building-products, cups or filtering-bridge and of course, talk with
remko@ and rene@ to coordinate efforts.

In the next days I'll enable a jenkins job to build the Weblate
translations for nl_NL.

Regards.

1 - https://www.freebsd.org/docproj/translations.html#dutch
    https://www.freebsd.org/doc/nl/