Introducing myself

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Sat Nov 14 19:00:59 UTC 2020

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 07:42:17PM +0100, Benedict Reuschling wrote:
> Hello Fernando,
>
> I'm glad you decided to help us out with translations as well. Your man
> page EXAMPLEs are a good addition to our man pages. We publish the
> Journal for exactly this purpose of bringing in more people into the
> project (especially this issue). Thank you for all your work thus far.
>
> We can also think about a general documentation bit for you, if you are
> interested in committing your own changes over time (from translations
> and other doc areas). Let me know off-list if you are interested in that
> and we'll work out a way towards that goal.
>
> So yes, welcome to the translators list.
>
> Regards
> Benedict
>
> On 14.11.20 21:14, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > My name is Fernando (fernape@). For some time I've had the idea to
> > translate some documentation for the project, but for one reason or the
> > other I haven't yet. But I recently read Danilo's article in the FreeBSD
> > Journal about how to be a translator and I thought I could give it a try :-)
> >
> > My native language is Spanish and I can read/write English as well. I've
> > committed some patches for man pages (writing EXAMPLES mainly) and I did
> > some work with gettext years ago for a Gnome application.
> >
> > I already created an account in Weblate and had a look at the interface and
> > browse some of the suggested documents. It seems pretty nice, good job
> > setting that up!
> >
> > If you know of a small thing I can help with, please let me know :-)

Hello.

I've added your username to the es_ES team.

And be welcome. =)

In the Insights page you can see the translation history...

FreeBSD Doc / Spanish / Insights
https://translate-dev.freebsd.org/languages/es/freebsd-doc/#history

It seems Juan David is working on articles/releng and other documents.
https://doc.fugbr.org/jenkins/weblate-es_ES-776/es_ES.ISO8859-1/articles/releng/

IMHO it seems a good start finishing it and updating the document in
tree, which is outdated.

CCing Juan and Sergio.

Regards.
--