Self-introduction: Javad Kouhi

Danilo G. Baio dbaio at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 31 20:43:23 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 01, 2020 at 03:52:04AM +0900, Hiroki Sato wrote:
> "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio at FreeBSD.org> wrote
>   in <20200331170132.gyjlo7nel3cajidf at t480.local>:
>
> db> >  Could you show a typical HTML file in UTF-8 Persian?  I would like to
> db> >  know what tags look like.
> db>
> db> I would like to see some examples as well.
> db>
> db> Persian was already marked as RTL on Weblate.
>
>  Yes, but it still needs direction attributes in the DocBook results
>  even if editors and input fields on the web browsers support RTL in
>  the user interface.  We have options such as "RTL by default and
>  marking up the LTR parts" and vice versa.  And RTL and LTR in the
>  same #PCDATA with no tag will not be rendered correctly.  Probably we
>  need to take care of them in the XSLTs after checking what "natural
>  way" to write a marked-up document in HTML or XML is.

Thank you both for the explanations.

So, this will be an interesting issue to fix, let's check some real
issues in our documents and the best way of fixing it.

We will need your help Javad.

Could I suggest starting with small documents, like
articles/leap-seconds or articles/ipsec-must ?

> db> I've built these initial translations you made, without any
> db> modification, see the results here:
> db> https://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/doc/fa01/fa_FA.UTF-8/books/handbook/
> db>
> db> If this is good, I can go forward and add a Jenkins job to build it regularly.
>
>  The LANG_TERRITORY part must be fa_IR, not fa_FA.

I'll fix that, thank you.

--
Danilo G. Baio (dbaio)