Self-introduction: Javad Kouhi

Hiroki Sato hrs at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 31 19:08:07 UTC 2020

"Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio at FreeBSD.org> wrote
  in <20200331170132.gyjlo7nel3cajidf at t480.local>:

db> >  Could you show a typical HTML file in UTF-8 Persian?  I would like to
db> >  know what tags look like.
db>
db> I would like to see some examples as well.
db>
db> Persian was already marked as RTL on Weblate.

 Yes, but it still needs direction attributes in the DocBook results
 even if editors and input fields on the web browsers support RTL in
 the user interface.  We have options such as "RTL by default and
 marking up the LTR parts" and vice versa.  And RTL and LTR in the
 same #PCDATA with no tag will not be rendered correctly.  Probably we
 need to take care of them in the XSLTs after checking what "natural
 way" to write a marked-up document in HTML or XML is.

db> I've built these initial translations you made, without any
db> modification, see the results here:
db> https://dbaio.bs2cloud.com.br/doc/fa01/fa_FA.UTF-8/books/handbook/
db>
db> If this is good, I can go forward and add a Jenkins job to build it regularly.

 The LANG_TERRITORY part must be fa_IR, not fa_FA.

-- Hiroki