Self-introduction: Javad Kouhi

Javad Kouhi javad.kouhi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 00:57:00 UTC 2020

Thank you very much Danilo!

I've translated some test strings, but there are two not-so-small problems.

As you definitely know, English is written from left to right, but
Persian and other Middle Eastern Languages such as Arabic and Hebrew
are written from right to left. Since the Handbook is a technical book
and it contains a lot of untranslatable words (variable names,
keywords, etc), intermixing Persian and English is inevitable. So, is
there any support for RTL languages? If no, how could I help with
that?

To make matters worse, there are also XML tags, which could make the
code pretty ugly in RTL languages. Tags are not shown correctly (not
only the user sees something like >/tag< instead of </tag>, but also
they are misplaced in the source code).  I've seen similar problems in
other projects such as Wikipedia. The solution they have adopted is to
translate the tags themselves, this way, the tags are shown correctly
in the source code, making it much easier for others to change the
code. So, is there a way to translate the tags?

These were the reasons why I didn't submit my translations to the
project a few years ago, I uploaded them somewhere else, to a
third-party server, which unfortunately is unavailable these days (but
fortunately I have backups).