Phabricator review for Pootle 2.7.2 available

Warren Block wblock at wonkity.com
Thu Mar 24 00:59:52 UTC 2016

On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, René Ladan wrote:

>> This is excellent work!  We have Pootle as one of our topics to discuss at
>> the doc working group at BSDCan in June.  My remaining questions with it are
>> mostly about how it would be integrated with our existing doc structure.
>> Can we add it as an option but still allow translators to use local PO
>> editors if they wish?
>>
> We could set it up as a new service, e.g., https://pootle.freebsd.org/
> , so translators can use it if they wish.
> Pootle has an option to download the current translation into a PO
> file for offline editing.

Well, I was really thinking about how the Pootle PO files would be used
in the doc build.  But one of the other problems we have is how to let
translators submit translations without having to have commit rights to
the doc repo.  If Pootle can accept PO files and merge them with
existing translations, that would be a good step.  Then we would just
have to figure out how to integrate the Pootle setup with the doc build.