Meta mode toolchain bootstrapping [was Re: FreeBSD targets/ out-of-date]

Bryan Drewery bdrewery at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 13 22:02:56 UTC 2015

On 11/13/2015 1:38 PM, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> Bryan Drewery <bdrewery at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>>> WITH_DIRDEPS_BUILD would be more accurate.
>>>
>>> Its not too late to rename/add it.
>>
>> My hesitation was really only due to all of the documentation and
>
> The diff is pretty small actually - only 8 files affected.
> I suspect renaming tools/build/options/WITH_META_{FILES,MODE} might need
> to be done in a couple of steps?
>
> At least svn diff cannot correctly represent
>
> svn mv WITH_META_MODE WITH_DIRDEPS_BUILD
> svn mv WITH_META_FIES WITH_META_MODE

1 commit here is fine. After the commit you would run something like
this from tools/build/options to update src.conf.5:

svn up . ../../../share/man/man5/src.conf.5
./makeman > ../../../share/man/man5/src.conf.5
svn commit -m "Regen" ../../../share/man/man5/src.conf.5

--
Regards,
Bryan Drewery