Does FreeBSD have sendmmsg or recvmmsg system calls?

Boris Astardzhiev boris.astardzhiev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 10:37:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

Sorry for the delay of my reply. As far as I understand pthread_testcancel()
is not necessary in the recvmmsg syscall since cancellation is not quite
common
among apps. But if there is cancellation attempts as long as I use
__sys_recvmsg() instead
of the interposing approach on a cancel attempt recvmmsg() will return
EINTR which will get
me out?

Secondly, I guess it's better to use __sys_sendmmsg() similarly instead of
the
insterposing table regarding sendmmsg().

Lastly, regarding the manpage - should I extend send/recv(2) for the new
calls or
create new manpage files?

Best regards,
Boris Astardzhiev