Apache-worker stuck at 100% CPU

Ivan Voras ivoras at freebsd.org
Fri Sep 12 11:09:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running apache2.2.9-worker without mod_php (with mod_fcgid and PHP
as FastCGI) and a process or a thread repeatedly gets stuck:

  PID USERNAME  THR PRI NICE   SIZE    RES STATE  C   TIME   WCPU COMMAND
 5503 www        41  96    0 50820K 30960K umtxn  0 722:42 99.32% httpd

It doesn't use sys time and ktrace doesn't record anything.

Any clues where to dig next?

I'm not using any unusual modules for apache, and the same configuration
worked in 6.3 (this system was upgraded from 6.3 to 7.0-R - I checked
that all apache dependancies are compiled for 7.0).