threads/69020: pthreads library leaks _gc_mutex

Joe Mistachkin joe at mistachkin.com
Tue Jul 13 16:10:25 PDT 2004

>Number:         69020
>Category:       threads
>Synopsis:       pthreads library leaks _gc_mutex
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The file "/usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_init.c" initializes a mutex named "_gc_mutex".  This mutex is never freed via pthread_mutex_destroy (at least not anywhere I have found).  I believe this is a bug.  Since this mutex is process wide, I believe it could be freed relatively easily using an atexit handler or similar mechanism.