libkse and SMP (was Re: USB bulk read & pthreads)

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Thu May 22 14:08:38 PDT 2003

In the last episode (May 22), Dan Nelson said:
> In the last episode (May 22), Julian Elischer said:
> > AHA!
> > I've seen this panic from ksetest..
> > can you go to /usr/src/tools/KSE/ksetest
> > and
> > make
> > ./ksetest
> >
> > it may not do it the first time so let it run 10 seconds then kill
> > it with ^C and retry about 10 times..
>
> It's not cooperating..  It hasn't crashed for me yet.  Sometimes it
> exits cleanly on its own immediately after starting (see below), but
> it's never caused a panic.  I'll try automating it by running it in a
> loop with a 2nd script running killall -9 ksetest every 10 seconds.

Ok, after an hour still no panics.  Should it really be exiting on its
own this often, though?

$ lastcomm ksetest | cut -c1-20 | sort | uniq -c

  75 ksetest          -
 366 ksetest          -X

The above proceses were generated by the following loops in two
different vtys:

while sleep 10 ; do killall -9 ksetest ; done
while : ; do ./ksetest; done

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com