libkse and SMP (was Re: USB bulk read & pthreads)

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Thu May 22 13:04:36 PDT 2003

In the last episode (May 22), Julian Elischer said:
> On Thu, 22 May 2003, Dan Nelson wrote:
>
> AHA!
> I've seen this panic from ksetest..
> can you go to /usr/src/tools/KSE/ksetest
> and
> make
> ./ksetest
>
> it may not do it the first time so let it run 10 seconds then kill it
> with ^C and retry about 10 times..

It's not cooperating..  It hasn't crashed for me yet.  Sometimes it
exits cleanly on its own immediately after starting (see below), but
it's never caused a panic.  I'll try automating it by running it in a
loop with a 2nd script running killall -9 ksetest every 10 seconds.

$ ./ksetest
main() : 0x804c000
eip -> 0x280ae8df
uts() at : 0x8048d04