ACE Proactor and libkse

Daniel Eischen eischen at vigrid.com
Tue Jul 15 18:36:11 PDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 02:24:41PM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
> >
> > You can also build ACE so that it will use scope system
> > threads when it wants (don't define ACE_LACKS_THREAD_PROCESS_SCOPING
> > in config-freebsd.h).
>
> Should this become the default for config-freebsd.h, or should
> we leave it alone?  I can submit a patch which does something like:

I guess that depends on what ACE does when it (pthread_attr_setscope)
fails (in libc_r, and perhaps libthr if scope process is specified).

> > It could be.  Signals are mostly done; there are a few changes
> > that David will be checking in really soon that should leave just
> > one issue with signals and sigwait() which we are not sure about.
>
> OK, that's very nice!  At what point will the signal support
> be good enough to comply with POSIX Real-time signals?

FreeBSD doesn't support them yet AFAIK.  I don't think it
would be that difficult to make libpthread comply when we
do support them (basically, we just need to deliver RT
signals in a certain order).