Call for Help: openjdk8 tests under Continuous Integration

Brian Gardner openjdk at getsnappy.com
Mon Nov 24 05:15:47 UTC 2014

Hello,
I’d like to help.  Sounds like those scripts would be fairly easy to write.  Would it be a good idea to try and decouple building of the ports (using poudriere) from the actual running of the jtreg tests.  In this plan you’d have a separate job that builds and maintains an up-to-date repository of  packages for the supported platforms (10.0 amd64, 9.3 i386), then as part of running tests you’d run pkg to update the packages as the first step.

I have some questions:
1) What platforms will be tested?
2) How often will tests run / What will trigger test runs?
3) How will results of the jtreg tests be presented on Jenkins?

Brian Gardner