Documentation testing and textproc/igor

Li-Wen Hsu lwhsu at FreeBSD.org
Mon Nov 17 02:21:36 UTC 2014

On Monday, November 17, 2014, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Warren Block <wblock at wonkity.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','wblock at wonkity.com');>> wrote:
>

>> The output it produces now is based on what lwhsu@ added at BSDCan.  He
>> showed a working demo there, so maybe additional wrappers were involved.
>> It's also possible I've broken it in the meantime, too.
>

> Li-Wen, do you have the wrappers to parse the output
> of igor?  Can you hand off this work to somone else, maybe in
> the freebsd-doc team to complete?

This XML is not JUnit format, but checkstyle format.  I provided a quick
hack in igor to generate that format at BSDCan and Warren was working on
merging to igor properly.  He was busy that time with other things and I
just took other stuff to work on.  I just found he sent me the result and I
did not notice in the inbox. I apologize about this.

To integrate this with jenkins, the thing we need is checkstyle plugin, in
fact, I installed that on jenkins.freebsd.org few weeks ago, that's just
for this workIng item.  I will work on the stuff left ASAP, there should
not be much thing left.

> You are doing very good work on maintaining the devel/jenkins port,
> but I don't like how you are starting Jenkins FreeBSD work items,
> and not following them to completion.
>
> We need to pull in more volunteers to keep things going, but we
> need people who are going to finish things that they start, and not leave
> things half done.

Ok, this item is lost on my side and i have no excuse.  Sorry again and
I'll finish that soon.

Li-Wen

--
Li-Wen Hsu