Please provide process for small, targeted fixes in tools/regression

Garrett Cooper yaneurabeya at gmail.com
Thu May 1 22:53:06 UTC 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 3:44 PM, Peel, Casey <casey.peel at isilon.com> wrote:
>> but out of curiosity why are you
>> removing the geom remove testing in the geom_mirror testcases? Does
>> the test not work out of the box on vanilla FreeBSD?
>
> To be honest, I haven't tested on a stock FreeBSD system, but on our
> internal almost-but-not-quite FreeBSD-CURRENT system removing the last
> partition of a gmirror fails. To remove the last partition you have to
> destroy the gmirror. It should be easy to confirm this is still true on
> FreeBSD-CURRENT. That said, I have the gmirror tests entirely moved over
> to ATF so I'm not sure its worth messing with.

Knowing now what I knew then, it's probably one of the modifications
that was made to geom_mirror to be more robust by automatically
rebuilding the mirrors with Isilon secret sauce. I wonder if turning
off the secret sauce (kernel bits, middleware) would allow the test to
pass without issue.

Thanks!
-Garrett