tests on kyua1.nyi.freebsd.org against HEAD failing

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Thu Mar 6 19:19:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 11:13:31AM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Glen Barber <gjb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> >> Hmm... shouldn't this be documented in UPDATING?
> >
> > No, see r262862.
>
> Should that be keyed off of VCSCMD?

No.

> Also, there's nothing wrong with using URIs for paths with git (if
> that was part of the concern), e.g. `git archive file://$PWD master`.

The concern was not breaking SRCBRANCH by prefixing it with '/'
unconditionally.  The release.conf.sample shows an empty SVNROOT and
SRCBRANCH set to the full URL to a non-svn repository, which would
expand to '/https://'.

I have no intention of doing per-VCS rules in release.sh further than
this.

Glen