Kyua + Jenkins integration

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jun 11 01:49:33 UTC 2014

Hi,

At BSDCan 2014, I met with Julio Merino,
and we discussed how we could better integrate Kyua and Jenkins.

To summarize, Julio modified Kyua, so that someone can do:

kyua test        (runs the tests)
kyua report-junit     (creates test output in JUnit XML format)

The JUnit XML can be directly imported into Jenkins,
which has a UI for reporting the status of tests.

I ran the Kyua tests in the /usr/tests directory in FreeBSD
and imported the output into Jenkins here:

https://jenkins.freebsd.org/jenkins/job/Kyua_Integration/5/testReport/

This is a significant milestone!
We will definitely build on this moving forward

Thanks to Julio for working on the code, and blogging about it here:

http://julipedia.meroh.net/2014/05/refocusing-kyua-maybe.html

--
Craig