vmrun.sh and doc comment

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Sat Dec 6 23:46:02 UTC 2014

On Sat, Dec 6, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Susan Stanziano <susan.stanziano at xinuos.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A couple of comments after creating VM's and using the vmrun.sh in
> /usr/share/examples/bhyve/vmrun.sh:

For questions specific to using bhyve, I recommend that you
ask them on the freebsd-virtualization at freebsd.org list.
The bhyve developers monitor that list and can more quickly incorporate
your feedback and fix problems.

The FreeBSD handbook has this section:

https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/virtualization-host-bhyve.html

 which briefly explains how to set up a tap network interface and use
that with the "-t" flag to vmrun.sh.  There is also some information here:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/bhyve

Hopefully any feedback you provide to freebsd-virtualization at freebsd.org
will help improve these documents and make them more clear to new users.

> (3) Cr aig, you had asked for comments on the doc in:
> https://github.com/rodrigc/kyua/wiki/Quickstart-Guide
>
> Reading the Installation section in
> https://github.com/rodrigc/kyua/wiki/Installation , there is a dead link
> in the "Building from Sources" section:

This link is now fixed.

Thanks for all your efforts to try things and provide feedback for
FreeBSD testing.  It is very helpful, and will help improve things
so that more new users can get into FreeBSD testing with a low barrier
of entry.

--
Craig