Makefiles for skip-level directories?

Peel, Casey casey.peel at isilon.com
Fri Apr 4 22:28:58 UTC 2014

Ok, I figured it out and wrote up the following document (that is published on our internal wiki). You may take whatever you want of this for the FreeBSD wiki if you find it useful.

Something rcattelan pointed out while doing the code review for my gpart changes that I wanted to run past you:
<daelf> is the include bsd.own.mk to pick up MK_TESTS?
<cpeel> yes
<daelf> do you need to do that in the files that are not look at MK_TESTS?
<daelf> geom/tests/Makefile ?
<cpeel> I probably don't have to, but that's how the other Makefiles like that are done in FreeBSD, eg: src/bin/tests/Makefile
<daelf> bsd.own.mk is included by bsd.init.mk which is included by bsd.test.mk
<daelf> so it seems redundant
<daelf> maybe we should ask the upstream if is correct ... might be better to leave it off vs perpetuating  something that might  not be right

-- Casey

--
Performance Test Ninja
casey.peel at isilon.com / 206.777.7945