cvs commit: CVSROOT cfg_local.pm

Garrett Wollman wollman at khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Jun 8 03:16:19 GMT 2004

[Moving this discussion to -standards.]

<<On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 22:47:46 -0400, Ken Smith <kensmith at cse.Buffalo.EDU> said:

> It sounds like it would be better for the system to say "UTC" instead
> of "GMT" in the absence of /etc/localtime.  Does anyone disagree?

I don't think POSIX reaches this question.  It says that there shall
be a default timezone used when the TZ variable is not set, but
doesn't say how this is established or what it should be, so I'm fine
with that.  (But it will be a challenge to find the right bits in
localtime.c to frob in order to make it happen, as I just found when I
looked.)

-GAWollman