standards/53554 fix for review (Re: interval timers not cleared in fork())

Wartan Hachaturow wart at tepkom.ru
Mon Jun 23 03:00:31 PDT 2003

The following reply was made to PR standards/53554; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Wartan Hachaturow <wart at tepkom.ru>
To: Volker Stolz <stolz at i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: standards/53554 fix for review (Re: interval timers not cleared in fork())
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 13:51:47 +0400

 On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 10:49:23AM +0200, Volker Stolz wrote:

 > The patch applies fine to -STABLE and has the desired effect:

 By the way, I must note that this is not _required_ by SUS, but rather
 is a feature for X/Open Systems-compliant systems, and therefore is an
 extension to POSIX.
 But, of course, as we provide itimers feature, which is also XSI, it
 makes sense to follow it in fork() also :)

 --
 Regards, Wartan.