FreeBSD-13.0-RC1-amd64-disc1.iso unbootable on memstick

Tomoaki AOKI junchoon at dec.sakura.ne.jp
Sun Mar 7 10:55:44 UTC 2021

Hi.

Are you shure you're using *.memstick.img?

*.iso are for optical drives.
If your memstick can perfectly (or at least enough for CD loader and
kernel) mimic optical drive, maybe with help by firmware, it would be
able to boot.

Otherwise, you should write FreeBSD-13.0-RC1-*-memstick.img with
dd. If you are using enough-sized memstick and amd64 arch PC,
FreeBSD-13.0-RC1-amd64-mrmstick.img should be preferred.

Note that if you downloaded smaller xz compressed image, you shoule
decompress it before writing.

If you are using *-memstick.img, something should need fixed.

Tomoaki AOKI    <junchoon at dec.sakura.ne.jp>