pkg thinks kernel is old

John Kennedy warlock at phouka.net
Wed Oct 9 23:21:48 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 11:38:25PM +0200, Bengt Ahlgren wrote:
> I've ran into this on my 11.3-STABLE system:
>
> # uname -K
> 1103500
> # pkg update -f
> Updating ivyp repository catalogue...
> Fetching meta.txz: 100%    560 B   0.6kB/s    00:01
> Fetching packagesite.txz: 100%  410 KiB 419.9kB/s    00:01
> Processing entries:   0%
> Newer FreeBSD version for package zziplib:
> To ignore this error set IGNORE_OSVERSION=yes
> - package: 1103000
> - running kernel: 1102509
> Ignore the mismatch and continue? [Y/n]:
>
> I build my own packages with poudriere, and have just switched from an
> 11.2-REL to an 11.3-REL jail.  I didn't force-upgrade everything after
> the switch, perhaps that's needed to make pkg recognise the correct
> kernel version?

  If I saw that, I'd force-upgrade everything.  With poudriere, it has
seemed to always do the right thing but I haven't really tried it across
big bumps yet (despite going from 12.0 into 12.1 through the beta).  You
might have some more major changes in there.

  I know pkg-upgrade won't reinstall just to bump up the version # for
an installed package, but I don't know its logic.