ZFS...

Michelle Sullivan michelle at sorbs.net
Wed May 8 22:45:35 UTC 2019

Michelle Sullivan
http://www.mhix.org/
Sent from my iPad

> On 09 May 2019, at 03:04, Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:
>
>> On 5/8/2019 11:53, Freddie Cash wrote:
>>> On Wed, May 8, 2019 at 9:31 AM Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a system here with about the same amount of net storage on it as
>>> you did.  It runs scrubs regularly; none of them take more than 8 hours
>>> on *any* of the pools.  The SSD-based pool is of course *much* faster
>>> but even the many-way RaidZ2 on spinning rust is an ~8 hour deal; it
>>> kicks off automatically at 2:00 AM when the time comes but is complete
>>> before noon.  I run them on 14 day intervals.
>>>
>> .... (description elided)
>
> That is a /lot /bigger pool than either Michelle or I are describing.

Not quite...

My pool is 16*3T SATA (real spindles not SSD and no cache) =48T raw..

It is storage, remember write once or twice, read lots elsewhere in the thread?

> We're both in the ~20Tb of storage space area

20T +6T zvol was what was left on it whilst shuffling stuff around..  I had already moved off 8T of data.. the zvol is still fine and accessible.