Coffee Lake Xeons...

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Mon Feb 18 18:36:41 UTC 2019

Anyone used them yet with FreeBSD?  The server boards available with
IPMI/iKVM are sparse thus far -- in fact, I've only found one that looks
like it might fit my requirements (specifically I need iKVM, a legacy
serial port and enough PCIe to handle both a LSI SAS/Sata card *and*
forward expansion to 10Gb networking as required on a forward basis.)

I'm specifically considering this board
https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=E3C246D4U#Specifications

... with one of the E-2100 "G" series chips to replace an aging (but
still fully-functional) Westmere Xeon board.  The goal is to gain CPU,
memory and I/O bandwidth (collectively "performance"), keep forward
optionality for network performance improvements while materially
reducing power consumption/./

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>