Intel Xeon D-2146NT SoC Support

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Thu Feb 7 00:28:43 UTC 2019

[ I asked this on -hardware but didn't get any responses, so I'm
  widening the scope a bit. ]

We're looking a buying a Supermicro system with the X11SDV-8C-TP8F
motherboard.  This uses a Xeon D-2146NT SoC.  It's not clear what
the embedded chipset is, so it's proving a bit tricky to confirm
whether or not the board will get along with 11.2.

In particular, we need to ensure that we can talk to each of the
12 SATA ports as a standalone (JBOD) disk (this will be a ZFS
fileserver), and that the SFP+ ports will run with 10 Gb/s optics.

If anyone is running this board (or anything else running that D-2146NT
chip) I'd appreciate hearing from you.

FWIW, the system we're looking at is the SSG-5019D8-TR12P:

  https://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5019/SSG-5019D8-TR12P.cfm

Thanks!

--lyndon