12.0 installworld core dumping on me

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Tue Apr 23 12:51:47 UTC 2019

I installed the 20190418 12.0-STABLE snapshot and then checking out the latest 12.0-STABLE source code
and performing a 'make buildworld' when I attempt to do a 'make installworld' I get this:

root at darth:3 /usr/src> make installworld
make[1]: "/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64/toolchain-metadata.mk" line 1: Using cached toolchain metadata from build at darth.immure.com on Mon Apr 22 19:54:57 CDT 2019
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
rescue/sh check failed, installation aborted
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src

This leaves me with a rescue.core file in the /usr/obj/usr/src/amd64.amd64 directory.

The toolchain-metadata.mk file contains this:

.info Using cached toolchain metadata from build at darth.immure.com on Mon Apr 22 19:54:57 CDT 2019
_LOADED_TOOLCHAIN_METADATA=t
COMPILER_VERSION=80000
X_COMPILER_VERSION=80000
COMPILER_TYPE=clang
X_COMPILER_TYPE=clang
COMPILER_FEATURES= c++11 retpoline
X_COMPILER_FEATURES= c++11 retpoline
COMPILER_FREEBSD_VERSION=1200018
X_COMPILER_FREEBSD_VERSION=1200018
LINKER_VERSION=80000
X_LINKER_VERSION=80000
LINKER_FEATURES= build-id ifunc filter retpoline
X_LINKER_FEATURES= build-id ifunc filter retpoline
LINKER_TYPE=lld
X_LINKER_TYPE=lld
LINKER_FREEBSD_VERSION=356365-1200007
X_LINKER_FREEBSD_VERSION=356365-1200007
.export COMPILER_VERSION  COMPILER_TYPE  COMPILER_FEATURES  COMPILER_FREEBSD_VERSION  LINKER_VERSION  LINKER_FEATURES  LINKER_TYPE  LINKER_FREEBSD_VERSION
.export X_COMPILER_VERSION X_COMPILER_TYPE X_COMPILER_FEATURES X_COMPILER_FREEBSD_VERSION X_LINKER_VERSION X_LINKER_FEATURES X_LINKER_TYPE X_LINKER_FREEBSD_VERSION

Anyone have any idea on what might be the cause or how best to proceed with debugging this?

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | "Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion
bob at immure.com | without the discomfort of thought."