Using drm-next in 11.2

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 18:29:34 UTC 2018

> I believe your best bet is to let Xorg probe your devices automatically
> - i.e. don't have an xorg.conf in place when starting X.

Yes, I dont have an xorg to conf - I was a bit unclear, I meant which
drivers should I instal from the xorg-drivers package as I dont
generally install all of them.

> On my end this will result in the "modesetting" driver being used, which
> is the suggested driver to use for intel and i believe amdgpu systems.
> it provides full acceleration, and is under active development
> upstream.  it should also be part of the xorg-server pkg, so you don't
> need to install any additional video drivers to use the modesetting driver.

Thats actually relly helpdful, thanks! - I dont see a modesetting driver
in /usr/ports/x11-drivers though, Where did you get this driver from ?

-pete.