Yubico Security Keys

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Wed Sep 5 01:29:19 UTC 2018

> On 5 Sep 2018, at 08:33, Robert Ames <robertames at hotmail.com> wrote:
> FreeBSD sees the device:
>
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: ugen1.4: <Yubico Security Key by Yubico> at usbus1
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: uhid0 on uhub4
> Sep  4 17:25:13 freebsd kernel: uhid0: <Yubico Security Key by Yubico, class 0/0, rev 2.00/5.02, addr 4> on usbus1
>
> So should this just work out of the box or is there something I'm
> missing?

Hi Robert,
I don't have any Yubikeys but have you tried checking the permissions of /dev/uhid0* and /dev/ugen1.4 (which will be a symlink to usb/1.4.0) ?
You can chmod them for now and then if that works have a devd conf or devfs rule which sets the permissions appropriately when the device is connected.

If permissions are the problem it would be nice to see if the error message can be improved too :)

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."