Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ? (with sort of workaround)

Pete French petefrench at ingresso.co.uk
Mon Nov 26 16:25:30 UTC 2018

Foolwing up an old thread I know, but my ssystem ahs been pretty stable
until recently, when it started locking up about one a week at least.
This co-incided with me doing two things to it:

1) Doubling the amount of RAM in it to 16 gig, using RAM which runs a
bit faster than the original sticks (2667 instead of 2400)

2) Upgrading to FreeBSD 12 BET4

Now, I am really hoping the lockups are down to the RAM and that I just
need to underclock it a bit, but I am a bit worried by the fact it
happened the ame time as I went to 12. Has anyone else seen any issues
under 12 when stable under 11?

cheers,

-pete.

PS: I went to 12 to get Linux emulation back, as this is still broken on
Ryzen under 11 I believe.