aesni on i386 w/gcc breaks 11-STABLE kernel build

Dan Allen danallen46 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 15:16:31 UTC 2018

> On 30 May 2018, at 12:13 PM, Dimitry Andric <dim at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>
> Probably only the module should be disabled,

I did this my deleting a few lines from /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile, and everything works well now!

A fully gcc-based 11-STABLE i386 machine.  (The builds go SO much faster with gcc rather than clang!)

So there are still two bugs:

1) I think there should be a check in /usr/src/sys/modules/Makefile for the lack of clang that disables building the aesni module.

2) Upon boot there is a progress line right at the start that still says clang 6.0.0, even though clang does not exist on the machine.
This should print gcc on a system configured like mine.

Here is my src.conf:

WITH_GCC=1
WITH_GCC_BOOTSTRAP=1
WITHOUT_BHYVE=1