MMC problem on APU2 with 11.2

Ruben mail at osfux.nl
Sat Jul 14 14:35:12 UTC 2018

Hi Graham,

On 07/14/2018 06:03 AM, Graham Menhennitt wrote:
> This probably isn't much use to you, but I'm running FreeBSD 11-Stable
> on two APU2s. But I'm booting from SSD, not SDHC. No problems here.
>
> Graham

Thank you for your feedback. Good to hear more list ppl are running
APU2's :)

I think the issue was triggered by the SDHC/MMC driver in 11.2 and the
APU2's firmware because after updating the firmware I ran (4.0.7) to the
most recent firmware available on https://pcengines.github.io/#lr-10
(4.0.18 legacy), the problem was solved.

Since PC Engines advises users to only run the github firmware if users
have the possibility to de-brick their units (which I only learned about
afterwards and requires special hardware..) I guess some caution is
advised.

The board seems to be running fine with 11.2 now so I'm happy :)

Kind regards,

Ruben