Ryzen issues on FreeBSD ?

Mike Tancsa mike at sentex.net
Wed Jan 17 15:04:36 UTC 2018

On 1/17/2018 8:43 AM, Pete French wrote:

> Are you running the latest STABLE ? There were some patches for Ryzen
> which went in I belive, and might affect te stability. Specificly the
> chnages to stop it locking up when executing code in the top page ?

Hi,
	I was testing with RELENG_11 as of 2 days ago.  The fix seems to be there

# sysctl -A hw.lower_amd64_sharedpage
hw.lower_amd64_sharedpage: 1

Would love to find a class of motherboard that pushes its "You dont need
to dork around with any BIOS settings. It just works.  Oh, and we have a
hardware watchdog too".... ipmi would be stellar.

	---Mike