Common Desktop Environment broken when compiling from ports tree on FreeBSD 12 RC3 (May also apply to the final build)

Alex McKeever alex.mckeever at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 16 21:55:53 UTC 2018

I ran into problems compiling the CDE in FreeBSD 12.0 RC3 (PowerPC) on my eMac. It says it is broken and cannot be compiled. Also, any ETA on when this port of the OS will go into Tier 1? Compiling software, desktop environments, X11, using 11.1 and the now unsupported 10.4 failed when I tried those a while back (and personally I have been partial to Linux and how easily I can just get software via APT or Zypper... I would be running Debian Sid if they didn’t drop support for the eMac in terms of my internal display not working after Jessie)

Sent from my iPad