Trouble with headphones and hda audio

David Wolfskill david at catwhisker.org
Thu Dec 6 14:16:45 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 06, 2018 at 03:02:43PM +0100, Christian Stærk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a new laptop. It's running 11.2-RELEASE.
>
> While sound on the speakers works fine, sound through the headphones
> does not.

Some of us who had a problem of this nature (in the cases with which I
am familiar, the headphones produced a loud hissing/static-type noise,
regardless of volume settings or attempts to play sound through them)
have found that the circumvention in
<https://reviews.freebsd.org/D17772> has been effective.

You might try it.

Peace,
david
David H. Wolfskill				david at catwhisker.org
"... but the rest of the world is not a Trump MAGA rally/."